Monday, August 14, 2006

Villainy

I have failed as a villain, and my enterprises as a scoundrel have only gone slightly better. You leave the table with your water glass unattended and I can only put the bread in your plate...after I've buttered it for you. I smoke my bread and drink my bread. Join me in a loaf. The children have returned and I wonder if they know I have four dimensions like everyone else. All I can think about is the fair in the distance, folding over the moldy towers downtown. I see the roller coaster and the ferris wheel. I wonder if I'll go this year to chase phantoms in a flimsy flyer. If I go I'll go drunk. And I wonder if this year will turn again and if there is an escape from the inevitable, the scripted, the rehearsed. I have practiced my role well but think I am better suited to write the script. If I could write, oh the things I'd write. It would be an unrealistic movie and there would be justice. The intangible would matter and pragmatism and ego-centrism would die with the hearts of those antagonists. The characters would grow and the ending would be happy. Thermodynamics and relativity would be relevant. There would be consequences. A hurricane would spring from a kiss because nothing unseen would be insignificant. But I would be blind, with knotted hands and a thick cane to crack.

1 Comments:

Blogger Abel F. said...

Yo, my main karmic dynamo! Maybe you oughtta fag out a bit, I hear hurricanes manifest for far less offenses than a sweet kiss. Don't lose the romance holmes, maybe Butler was right in saying only homos can write it with feeling. But I'm with you on the business of the cane. Nothing should ever be sacrificed.

5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home